5 minutes and 52 seconds
A bunch of instruments plays in a stage that appears to resemble a power plant. Its mostly made-up of synth laser tesla coil/synth bass tower and electronic drum set supported by wires. The instruments in the stage appears to be power by electricity or nuclear. It's appears that's its night outside the stage.
Instruments in the order they're presented:
- Background synth strings (emitted from what is dubbed by Wayne as the "Light Curtain")
- Red synth laser (beginning in purple, then changing into pink and then red according to dynamics)
- Percussion instruments, with 2 wood blocks, 2 cymbals, a hi-hat, a bass drum, 4 tom-toms, and electronic drum set
- Taurus Bass Pedals with bass chorus
- Green Slide Circles
- Green electric guitar laser
- Flash Yellow pulse (referred to as Voltage Spikes in commentary)
- Bass Guitar synth in the "tower"
- Four sawtooth light
- Strings: ??
- Lead Laser: G3-F6
- Bass: D1-D2
- Guitar: (F2) G2-Ab6
- String Pulses: D3-D5
- Bass Tower: C1-F3
- Curiously, in this animation, the electronic drums seem to be supported entirely by wires, which act like springs when these drums are struck.
- The contruction song of this animation is a broken-down version of the ending section of Harmonic Voltage.
- This animation had a HD version on the Animusic HD DVD as the other animations were Pipe Dream, Drum Machine and Aqua Harp.
- Harmonic Voltage was written in 1995 as with Stick Figures, Future Retro, Seventh Alloy, A Slight Delay, and The Harvester.
- During the electric guitar interlude, an inaudibly low rumbling is present in the soundtrack.
- The static sounds in the beginning of the piece, are revealed in the commentary to be several combined recordings of various high voltage generators.
- Harmonic Voltage is the oldest piece on Animusic 1. It has been constantly remade and remixed, and had working titles of "WCS2" and "Electric".
- Wayne Lytle states that he chose this piece to be last on Animusic 1, because he views it as the most abstract, letting it leave viewers "out there".
- Solo Cams:
- CAM 1: Color-Changing Synth Laser, Green Electric Guitar Laser, "Yellow Voltage Spikes", and 6 of the Slide Circles.
- CAM 2: Drum Kit.
- CAM 3: Taurus Bass Pedals and Bass Synth Tower.
This the gallery for Harmonic Voltage.